Quick skillet chocolate dessert
It kind of looks like a souffle but also a pancake. It loves icing sugar, chocolate hazelnut spread, dried nuts and whipped cream. It’s served hot ( even scorching hot ) but also cold, the next day. It’s the easiest chocolate dessert, made so quickly, you’ll become obsessed!
The recipe is simple! All the ingredients goes in blender, blend for three minutes, then it goes in the skillet, pop it the oven, and voila!! Its ready in less than 30 minutes! At first it comes out of the oven looking like a delicious fluffy souffle, and as it cools down, it flattens out like a big yummy pancake!
You can fill it with chocolate hazelnut spread and crumbled up cookies, roll it up and slice it, or you can also sprinkle it with icing sugar and dip it your morning coffee. I have it on my list of quick desserts when I have unexpected visitors, or when I get those midnight cravings!
Portions:4-6, Prep time: 5’, Baking time: 20’
- 3\4 cup of milk
- 1\2 cup of cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1\3 cup of all purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 3-4 drops of vanilla extract
- 1\4 cup of sugar
- 2 spoonfuls of butter ( from cow’s milk )
- Icing sugar for sprinkling
1. Melt the butter in a nonstick pan ( be careful, no plastic parts, like the handles ).
2. In a blender, blend all the other ingredients well for 2-3 minutes.
3. Pour the mixture in the fry pan and then place the frypan in the pre-heated oven of 200oC
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes and remove from the oven.
5. Let it cool slightly ( this is where it’ll flatten out ) and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Told you it was easy..!